Our body is balanced when the pH content is at the desirable level. Those of you who are not familiar with the pH content, all you need to know is that it stands for – the power of Hydrogen. Our body needs a desired amount of hydrogen content to prevent inflammation inside us.
pH levels range between 1 to 14 where 7 is said to be the perfect level. When the pH content of your body is less than 7, it means that you are acidic. A pH level more than 7 signifies alkalinity. Doctors suggest a pH level that is slightly above 7 for the optimum functioning of our bodies.
How to find out the pH level in your body?
You can do the simple litmus paper test as soon as you wake up in the morning. You can do the test on your urine or your saliva to determine your pH level. If the pH level is below seven, you are acidic, and if the number is above seven you are more inclined towards alkalinity.
What are the symptoms of low Alkalinity?
Some of the symptoms of low alkalinity in the body include
• Frequent fatigues and headaches
• Water retention
• Low blood pressure
• Unhealthy hair, skin and nails
• Gastritis and dry skin
Why you need an alkaline diet?
The massive levels of stress that we experience every day and our unhealthy lifestyle are the prime culprits that make our bodies for acidic. Alkaline diets ensure the vitality of our body, keeps the cells and tissues healthy and supply and prevent inflammation. An acidic body is prone to many ailments such as irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, reproductive disorders, arthritis and even cancer. The Alkaline diet strengthens the skeletal system preventing illnesses such as osteoporosis.
What is an alkaline diet?
Most of the fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are part of an alkaline diet. This includes
• Vegetables such as Cauliflower, Radish, Beets, Carrots, Broccoli, Turnips, Celery, Cucumber, Spinach, Garlic, Onions, Peas, and Peppers
• Fruits such as Berries, Grapes, Melon, Apple, Lemon, Banana, Orange, Peach, Pear and Watermelon
• Proteins such as Tofu, Chestnuts, and Almonds
• Spices include Ginger, Cinnamon, Sea Salt and Mustard
How to make your daily diet more alkaline?
• Include at least five servings of vegetables and fruits in your diet
• Drink a glass of lemon juice every day
• Drizzle apple cider vinegar on your salad dressings
• Replace Green tea your daily beverage
• Cut down on animal protein especially red meat because it makes your body very acidic
• Reduce sugar intake and eliminate soda drinks
• Eat non-refined and whole carbs
• Consume Vitamin C supplement
The Alkaline diet plays a very significant role in balancing your pH level and optimizing your metabolism. Follow an alkaline diet to stay healthy and fresh.